Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Feet

My homework from last week was to walk toes forward, heel to toe. You say, so. Don't we all? Not really. As I have focused on that, and it does take concentration not to walk in my comfort zone, I have felt the misalignment of my feet, ankles and knees. To walk with my toes forward actually made my knees feel really awkward. I have become much more aware of how my feet touch the floor. More specifically what parts of my feet are touching the floor and at what point. I have been walking laterally on my feet which would explain why my knees are rotated outward. The body is so amazing. These misalignment's are so gradual. They just sort of creep up on you until one day your body rather than just talking to you begins screaming at you.

I went to the doctors office to have them measure how tall I am at the beginning of these sessions. 5'51/2". WHAT? I used to be 5'7". Where did the other 1.5 inches go.? Oh wait, I know, it is there, just supressed by tight facia and tendons that are restricting movement of my body.

I'm not sure I was prepared for the pain I endured today. Karon told me the first few sessions were realitively easy. Well if this is easy, I'm not sure I want to play anymore. Oh, but I do.!
I can feel it allow my body to move with much more ease. I didn't really feel I was so tight all over. Ya, my shoulders and pelvis region I now are, but never really knew my feet had issues.

It is not an easy task to train your body to move differently than it has for the past 50 years. So those of you who are following this pay attention. Pay attention to how you are walking, sitting and standing. If you are in generally good physical condition, but have pain somewhere chronically maybe you are out of alignment. Seek structural integration sooner rather than later.

I also need to express that I may show signs of personality disorder. I have not become possessed by demons. Although you might look at me in wonder as I begin to speak things that in the past may have been held back because of fear or rejection. Thoughts and emotions will most likely be flowing freely from my mouth. Karon told me to warn my loved ones that I may display a personality that is unfamiliar. So maybe I will, maybe I won't. It will just happen. Just know that I love you all, but I am loving me now.

I have discovered that I have some emotions stored within. It is so weird, amazing, not sure how to describe what happens. Karon completes a stroke and a floodgate of tears and emotions come pouring out of me. Totally unbeknownst to me. It happened in the first session and it happened again today. Its not every stroke. Most of those are just fist clenching hold your breath and scream strokes. It just happens. I have no control what so ever.

I've decided to blog this hoping that I can share my awareness and make those of you who are following more aware. Structural Integration is very powerful. After just two sessions I can see why Karon gets so excited to do this work. It isn't becasue she is sick and demented and likes to cause you pain. She knows the outcome and how it transforms the body. It is amazing. Just watch and see.

No comments: