Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Birthday

It is a beautiful spring day. I had a list of things to do today of which some got done and others did not. I have had many wonderful calls from friends and family giving me birthday wishes.

Aging gracefully.....I don't believe I have had the experience of looking in the mirror and having some horrid feeling of how old I am looking or the birthday that sends you over the edge into a midlife crisis. It has been more subtle. The crows feet just sort of made their way to the corners of my eyes. The grey hair has been hidden for some time. Well maybe I was able to conceal it to some degree because of the color of my hair. It is now concealed on a regular basis. It reminds me of a story....the kids and I were at the store. Blake had a pair of binoculars and from across the store he proceeded to tell me (from across the store) how great they worked because he could see my grey hair. Thanks Blake, could you say that a little more quietly......Remember this was some time ago. And I am pretty sure I didn't have gray hair at that time. He was just being witty...It does make me laugh. Okay, maybe I am in denial.
I truly believe you are only as old as you feel. Of course at this time I am feeling a bit older than I really am. Life dealt me a hand I was not expecting. But I am working on getting healed up and back to my "energizer bunny" self. Thanks for all the wonderful thoughts and gifts. I am very blessed and thankful for all that I have.

1 comment:

Telisse and Kade said...

hmmmmmmmm......... I don't know "who" would keep you tied up and defer you from getting your list of things to do done?? Darn them!
Happy Birthday! Have fun this weekend..... get out and hike around a little.